It all started in the middle of the night, in Uppsala, Sweden back in 1999. I was having this dream about a bag. Just a bag, simple as that. But waking up several hours later I realized “this is really smart and exactly what I need!”
At the time I was working with drums on various levels, such as teaching at different schools, playing gigs etc. Time after time it annoyed me that the “ultimate stick bag” did not seem to exist. The kind of stick bag that could fit all the little things I needed when going from place to place and not wanting to bring an extra bag – which I would have to unpack or repack anyway! A few hours while asleep, a once in a lifetime dream and the Slickbag was born – given birth with just a pen and paper.
I remember sitting at the kitchen table having breakfast while drawing the basics of the bag, too afraid to forget about the exciting features. Unfortunately the idea ended up in a briefcase for a couple of years. Finally, in 2001 it was time to blow the dust off the draft and start working on the project, without any know-how about bags what so ever. Years later a small company named after a bag with innovative features became Scandinavia’s first – and still to this day – only real gig bag brand with it’s own designs. Swedish design – no copies.
Slickbag aims to be the one of the first brands to look at when it comes to gig bags for professional musicians. The timeless but solid design combined with smart and innovative features we believe make our bags very competitive. The keywords are quality and design and that is exactly what we try to achieve when designing and producing the bags for a fastidious target group. Most of the quality aspects of Slickbags’ products are ensured already at the drawing board. By giving the factory manager the necessary additional specifics together with the drafts, the sample process is fast and effective, leaving very little space for mistakes or misunderstandings. The samples are then to be tested over and over again and tried by musicians for feed back before final approval.
If you haven’t discovered Slickbag yet, it is about time.
Slickbag is proud of our products and wants every user to be happy and satisfied with the quality. But we do know that even in the best of worlds problems might occur. So if there is a problem with a Slickbag product and manufacturing defects in construction, material or workmanship causes it, Slickbag will replace the product according to the warranty terms and conditions stated below:
- Every Slickbag product comes with a two (2) year warranty.
- The warranty applies only to the first purchaser of the product.
- The warranty only covers products bought from an authorized dealer.
- The warranty covers only manufacturing defects. Any damage caused by accidents or misuse, such as improper packing or transport of bags, neglect, abrasion, exposure to extreme temperatures, solvents, acids or water are excluded from the warranty. The warranty does not apply to damage caused by what can be considered as normal tear and wear during the two-year warranty period.
- Even though our gig bags are well protective Slickbag cannot be hold responsible for damage on checked in bags or instruments, handled by airport staff and likely to have been caused during air travel.
- Any cases referred to as “force majeure” are not covered by the warranty.
- If the warranty applies the customer is responsible for all the costs of getting the product to the address notified by us. When repairing or replacing a product Slickbag however will cover all costs of returning the item.
- If there is a case that cannot be defined under the warranty program, please inform us about it by sending an email with pictures describing the issue. Then we will try to determine whether damage to a bag is due to a defect in it’s manufacturing or not.
Founder and Owner