It all started in the middle of the night, in Sweden back in 1999. A dream about a bag. Just a bag, but not just any bag. Waking up several hours later I realized “this is really smart and exactly what I need!”
At the time I was working with drums on various levels, such as teaching at different schools, playing gigs etc. Time after time it annoyed me that the ultimate Stick bag did not seem to exist. The bag that would make traveling and commuting much easier. The kind of Stick bag that could fit all the little things needed when going from place to place, not wanting to bring an extra bag – which would have to be packed or unpacked anyway. A few hours while asleep, a once in a lifetime dream and the Slickbag was born – given birth at the breakfast table with just a pen and paper.
Today you can find variations of this type of bag made by other companies, but the Slickbag was the first, and therefore still is The Original.
Several years later a small company named after a bag with innovative features became Scandinavia’s first – and still to this day – only real gig bag brand with it’s own designs. Swedish design, no copies.
Slickbag aims to be one of the go-to-brands when it comes to gig bags for professional and semi-professional musicians. The timeless but solid design, some really smart features combined with a workable price range, we believe make our bags very competitive.
Most of the quality aspects of Slickbags’ products are ensured already at the drawing board. By giving the factory manager the necessary specs together with the drafts, the sample process is thorough and effective, leaving very little space for mistakes or misunderstandings. The samples are then to be tested and evaluated before final approval.
If you haven’t discovered Slickbag yet, it is about time.
Slickbag is proud of our products and wants every user to be happy and satisfied with the quality. But we do know that even in the best of worlds problems might occur. So if there is a problem with a Slickbag product and manufacturing defects in construction, material or workmanship causes it, Slickbag will replace the product according to the warranty terms and conditions stated below:
- Every Slickbag product comes with a two (2) year warranty.
- The warranty applies only to the first purchaser of the product.
- The warranty only covers products bought from our webbshop or from an authorized dealer.
- The warranty covers only manufacturing defects. Any damage caused by accidents or misuse, such as improper packing or transport of bags, neglect, abrasion, exposure to extreme temperatures, solvents, acids or water are excluded from the warranty.
- Even though our gig bags are well protective, Slickbag cannot be held responsible for damage on checked in bags or instruments, handled by airport staff and likely to have been caused during air travel.
- Any cases referred to as “force majeure” are not covered by the warranty.
- If the warranty applies the customer is responsible for all the costs of getting the product to the address notified by us. When repairing or replacing a product Slickbag however will cover all costs of returning the item.
- If there is a case that cannot be defined under the warranty program, please inform us about it by sending an email with pictures describing the issue. Then we will try to determine whether damage to a bag is due to a defect in it’s manufacturing or not.